Thu, May 04|
Petersburg Bus Trip
You don't want to miss out on our annual spring bus trip as we visit historic Petersburg, Virginia! This is a very special day in one of our area's hidden treasures. We will visit many historic sites including Blandford Church, Battersea, Centrehill Mansion, Strawberry Hill, and The McIlwaine House.
Time & Location
May 04, 7:45 AM – 5:00 PM
Petersburg, Petersburg, VA, USA
About The Event
You don't want to miss out on our annual spring bus trip as we visit historic Petersburg Virginia!
Our itinerary includes the following locations:
- Blandford Church and Cemetery with its Louis Comfort Tiffany window
- Centre Hill Mansion built in the early 1800's
- Battersea estate
- Strawberry Hill, one of the region's most spectacular neoclassical homes
- The McIlwaine House, an early 1800's Federal style home not usually open to the public and featured in several movies filmed in the area.
We will have lunch at The Brickhouse Run located in a 190-year old building in Old Towne Petersburg. Lunch will include a full meal (options below) as well as dessert bites, coffee, iced tea, and soda.
You can choose from the following lunch options when registering on the website:
- Lunch option #1: Grilled chicken over mixed greens, with Mediterranean pasta salad, feta and house vinaigrette
- Lunch option #2: Salmon fillet over mixed greens, with Mediterranean pasta salad, feta and house vinaigrette
- Lunch option #3: The Petersburger: beef patty with sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, onion jam, lettuce and pub sauce on a brioche bun with our hand cut fries.
Member Trip Fee: $100 per person
Guest Trip Fee: $125 per person
Fee includes transportation, all tour ticket costs, lunch, gratuities and taxes. Trip fee is non-refundable. You must pay in full to be registered.
This is a very special day in one of our area's hidden treasures. Don't miss out! Sign up today!